Tuesday 29 January 2019

The Day I Felt Like Winnie the Pooh

www.marilynshistoricalnovels.com

CHICKEN CHATTER

OK, I LIKE CHICKENS, BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I WANT TO LIVE WITH THEM! 


Have you ever heard that old saying, "The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get?" Well, one day "behinder" wasn't enough. I was stopped dead in my tracks. Not only was I stopped short, but I was locked up behind a closed door. In a small chicken house to be exact. 
Well, what now? How did this every happen and how will I get out? As I strolled around the tiny chicken house, the not-so-fragrant aromas of the occupants assaulted my nose. I eyeballed the screen window but even if I abstained from all honey, which wasn't available anyway, I just couldn't see myself wriggling my over-forty frame through that small opening. Now what?? And where was my husband?? We had just delivered two more roosters to pal around with out little biddies, and silly me, I wanted to sit on the feed sack and watch them for a while. Which I did while hubby brought in the groceries and had a little nap. 
Not exactly as illustrated.
But he had locked the door behind me! A habit I guess. Our poor dog, she keep hanging around and whimpering, probably suspecting something was not quit right. I sent him to the house with the instructions to "Get Dad" but "Getting Dad" wasn't the simplest thing to do when he was sleeping. 
Another monkey-wrench-in-the gears is that we had a deadline to meet. There was a potluck and the iced tea I had agreed to provide was not even prepared yet. Yah, yah, I was getting hot and sweaty to. 
Okay, you know and I know that eventually my husband realized I was missing so went looking for me, so...all's well!

No comments:

Post a Comment