Monday 4 April 2016

Wiggling Angel

P.S. The first picture I found on Google could have hardly looked more like our little girl.

How in the world do you find the right name for a white bundle of sweetness and warmth? Snowball? No, no, there's nothing cold about her, and I get this picture in my mind of a snowball with four gangling legs. That will never do.

What about 'angel"? nah but maybe in another dialect? I was surprised how similar the word angel was in many of the European languages to our word at least in spelling.

'Love' was out, even in Spanish or French, because it was too familiar to most of us, and I wanted something so, soo special. Well maybe 'darling, or 'precious', no, no, either they didn't sound right to my sensitive ears in a strange tongue, or were amazingly similar to the English version.

(Oh, you poor guys, I hope you aren't gagging too much: never fear, I'm not always this sappy. This is what happened because I had to say 'good-bye to too many dogs.)

...So, I continued my research. The word for 'sweetheart' in Danish sounded good to me, but I couldn't 'hear' the pronunciation anywhere, so had to move on.

Cuddles? Maybe IF she would stay small but her parents were middle sized. 'Well, what then, what then, you ask, she's only a dog after all.'

I thought of 'Cute' in Spanish, and then decided 'How Cute' sounded even better. Que Lindo. I think I'll get a name tag that says Kalenda to make it sound more feminine. So, what do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment