Wednesday 16 September 2015

Just One More Flame


Jaden glanced towards the darkened patio door.
“Just one more, Lord, let me send out just one more post before they come. “
                He knew perfectly well his time was limited.
                “What would you have me write about this time? What compelling message could be my final farewell—“
                Final farewell? No, no I don’t want to think of it that way. When God closes one door he opens another. He looked once more towards the drapes that were blocking out the night. Soon, but not too soon, he hoped, early dawn would lighten the sky and it had been rumored that they would come for him, then.
                As he waited for the laptop to boot-up, he bowed his head in prayer, “Lord give me words.” John 3:16 came to his mind: it was one of the most powerful messages in the world.
                For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth on Him should not perish (die) but have everlasting life (live forever in Heaven with God.)
                His hands nearly skimmed over the keys. What can I add to these words?
Twin pools of lights were tunneling through the darkness.  A car was coming down the quiet, suburban street followed by another, then another. He knew without a doubt they would stop in, and by his driveway.
His mind was in frenzy. “What more can I write Lord, what more?”
“Just send it, send it.”
                The patio door was locked but it was child’s play for them to get in.
                “Seize the computer!” the leader commanded as two men forcibly handcuffed him.
                “Go,” Jaden pleaded inwardly; looking at the screen, “Just go.” Sometimes it took so long for a post to be truly sent; sometimes he had to reload it.
                “Shall I destroy the laptop?” The swarthy, turbaned man lifted up an axe that Jaden knew would soon be laid to his own neck.
                “No, no. Dats ef-evidence! We will learn much.”
                As Jaden was man-handled into one of the vehicles a deep peace rolled over his soul.

                I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course. May Christ’s light flame brightly through me one last time when I lay down my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment