Friday 10 January 2014

Life is Good


Life is good. Nay, rather, life is very, very good. Daily I get to go out into the crisp, bright wintry sunshine and enjoy the fresh air, heaps and mounds of pristine snow, watch the eastern sky colour up so beautifully and listen to the contented clucking of my batch of chickens while feeding them, and they in return cheerfully produce eggs for me.
Yup, life is good. The driveway is cleared and the short jaunt is a breeze, or is it? It's very smoothness is deceptive and can be slippery so I chose to walk where it is a little more difficult, 'cuz I care not to fall into a heap of creaking, groaning bones that even the friendly dog is unable to hoist back into a standing position.

We love it when the day is bright and the future shines out beckoning and promising, but remember there are slippery places. Sometimes I welcome the more difficult trial 'cuz then it is easier to focus on what's more important---keeping or feet on solid ground. Enjoy your day...but be careful!

Books by this author can be found @ www.amazon.com or www.prairieviewpress.com Just type in Marilyn Friesen

No comments:

Post a Comment